The Anywhere Door (Dokodemo Door in Japanese, and Anywhere Door in English) is one of the most popular and frequently used gadgets in the series. It's prime function is to transport the user to whatever location they desire by walking through it.
The history of the Anywhere Door seen in Doraemon 2013 movie, Nobita's Secret Gadget Museum.
The first ever prototype of the Anywhere Door is gigantic, almost as tall as a three-story house. The design was unlike its newer successors, with the door sliding out from the sides of the door. In the movie, Nobita and the others went through it instantly like the current version of Dokodemo Door, but it is highly possible that it has been programmed to warp visitors instantly to the Robots Halls.
The other newer prototypes are significantly smaller, about the size of a mansion's door. Some of them have no doors, which looks like a warp gate instead. Some of the prototypes have a computer next to it, allowing its users to key in their destinations. Most of the designs are quite contemporary- if not just typically modern.
One needs to say where they want to go going, then they can open the door and go through it to reach their destination. In some manga scenes and in some anime episodes, however, it magically knows where the user wants to go. The Dokodemo Door's destination limits to the memory of locations it has been implemented, which means it does not record new areas automatically. The Dokodemo Door's cannot be used if it has been exposed by strong electromagnetic waves like solar winds.
Appearance in Games
The Dokodemo Door one of the gadget which cannot be used directly in the game. Since the partner character(either Doraemon and/or Nobita) and the Assist Character(Gian, Suneo and Shizuka) will stays on the Secret Base which the lower screen is for. When either Doraemon or Nobita is waiting, they can be summoned to the current character's(either Nobita or Doraemon) side by pressing the X, R or L button. When selecting either Gian, Suneo or Shizuka by tapping on the lower screen or through Menu selection, they'll be summoned to the current character's side. Each time they enters or exits the Secret Base screen, they will go through the Dokodemo Door.
The Dokodemo Door is listed under number 37 out of 61 gadgets in the game.
- Although the Anywhere Door is usually depicted as pink, Dorami has an orange Dokodemo Door with a red and yellow flower.
- In the manga publications and anime dubbing by Tora Aman (Malaysian manga publication company), the Dokodemo Door was known as:
- "Pintu Suka Hati" in Malay (literally 'Heart's Content Door')
- "Pintu ke Mana Saja" in Indonesian (literally 'Anywhere Door')
- If you look closely at the Anywhere Door in Stand by Me Doraemon, you will see that it has 'DOKODEMO DOOR' written on it.
- In Bengali its known as Jekono Jaega Dorja meaning 'Anywhere Door'
- It can go only up to 10 light years and no more.