Doraemon The Future 2008, or fully known as Nobita and the Legend of the Green Giant (Eiga Doraemon Nobita to Midori no Kyojinden, 映画 ドラえもん のび太と緑の巨人伝 ) is the 28th installment of the Doraemon feature film series. It was released in Japan on March 1st, 2008.
|Directed by||Ayumu Watanabe|
|Produced by||Kyohito Arushin|
|Written by||Nashiwa Kanarate|
|Narrated by||Sutiyo Mutonabeti|
|Shin Ei Animation|
|Release date(s)||March 8, 2008
|Running time||112 minutes|
|Box office||2,927,670,235.29 yen (US$ 29,397,231)|
Nobita’s troubled about what to do with his zero test marks once again. A gust of wind scatters his test papers and he falls into a garbage dump trying to gather them together again. There he finds a young withered tree that caught one of his papers and he decides to take it home. He tries to plant it in his garden but gets caught by his mother who doesn’t allow him to grow it. Still wanting to keep it but not being allowed to grow, Doraemon comes up with the idea of making it come alive with a gadget he uses. Nobita names the little tree "Kibō" because all it can say is "ki". As the days pass, Nobita’s parents also accept Kibō because he was a very smart boy who helped Nobita’s mother whenever he was away. However, aliens from the Planet of Green decides to pass judgement claiming humans were destroying all the green on Earth. Nobita and his friends manage to escape by coincident and arrive at their planet. They are warmly welcomed to their city of Green Pier but also learn of what they are doing to their planet. Unfortunately, with all his gadgets borrowed by Dorami, there was little Doraemon could do. They manage to escape and come across Princess Rire who tricks them into thinking she was leading them home but along the way, learns that what her adviser was about to do was wrong. Eventually with the help of the alien planet’s Elder they manage to return to Earth which was already invaded. Fortunately the time watch Doraemon had dropped had frozen life on Earth giving them a chance to save everyone. The aliens try to summon their giant using Kibō to wipe out all humans despite the Elder’s warnings and the plan backfires on them. But with Nobita’s persistence, he wakes up Kibō and everything is restored as the Elder sacrifices himself. Princess Rire announces to her people that they will watch Earth for the time being while Kibō decides to travel around space to learn more and become like the Elder. Nobita and his friends say goodbye to Kibō and go home.Nobita's mother said to him and doraemon for lunch,but there was Kibo's shoe beside Nobita's shoe.
Main Characters Edit
- Wasabi Mizuta - Doraemon
- Megumi Ohara - Nobita Nobi
- Tomokazu Seki - Suneo Honekawa
- Yumi Kakazu - Shizuka Minamoto
- Subaru Kimura - Gian
- Chiaki - Dorami
- Maki Horikita - Princess Rire
- Takuya Yoshikoshi - Ki-bō
- Chikao Ōtsuka - Shiraa
- Yuji Miyake - Jii
- Teppei Arita - Paruna
- Yoko Tsuchiya - Roku-chan
- Jinbei Watanabe - Moya-kun
- Yume wo Kanaete Doraemon (opening theme) Performed by: MAO
- Te wo Tsunagou (ending theme) Performed by: Ayaka
- There was an action-adventure game entitled Doraemon Nobita to Midori no Kyojinden DS (ドラえもん のび太と緑の巨人伝 DS?). It was released on March 6, 2008.
- In 2009, this film was nominated as the Animation of the Year.
- Voices of Roku-chan and Moya-kun were done by anonymous children who were chosen to voice them.
- While the film is not a remake, it is based on the story in the volume 26 chapter, Forest is Living, and in the volume 33 chapter, Goodbye Ki-bō.
- Ki-bō appeared in Nobita and the Kingdom of Clouds (as a full grown tree).