Shizuka's mother is a very kind woman. She is very affectionate to Shizuka and her friends. She appears in many episodes in the series. In many episodes, when Nobita comes to Shizuka's house either to show some gadget or call her to his house for homework or to play or else he comes to play and sometimes study at her house, Shizuka's mother is often seen telling Nobita that she has gone to the library, or the market, or to her piano/violin class or worst case she is with Dekisugi.
Her name possibly is revealed to be Michiko from the episode in which Nobita and Doraemon went to the past to see young Tamako. She gave Tamako a novel named "Long Legged Gentleman" as a gift before she moved away.
In the Doraemons Special, it is revealed that she was once a successful violinist and has been with her future husband since high school. She had a remarkable resemblance to her future daughter. She has also been a good friend of Tamako since then.
She has an artist father, who is the maternal grandfather of Shizuka.
AppearanceShizuka-chan's mother had dark brown hair and black eyes in the 1979 anime. Her hair is usually tied up in a bun. In 2005 anime, she has soft black hair as well as the usual dark eyes. Her hair is now slightly longer.
She's kind, but can also be quite exigent on Shizuka sometimes. In one episode, she locked Shizuka outside for coming home very late at night.
- It is stated many times by other people in Doraemon that Shizuka got her beauty from her mother.
- It is shown that she doesn't see Suneo's or Gian's mother much.
- Although she sometimes scolds Shizuka, she never hits or spanks her.
- She has the same Hindi voice actor as Nobita.
- Although, Shizuka's mother was a successful violinist, Shizuka is very bad at playing the violin.
- In the 1973 anime, she had a different bun in her hairstyle.