Yoshio Minamoto, commonly credited as Shizuka's papa (しずかのパパ Shizuka no papa) is Shizuka's father. He appears in only a few episodes of the series. His most popular appearance was in future when he was discussing with the adult Shizuka about her decision to marry Nobita in the short movie, Doraemon: Nobita's the Night Before a Wedding, which is also used in Stand by Me Doraemon.
- In an episode, where Doraemon uses the Reservation Chip, he is seen to be a very thin, tall and skinny man unlike his fluffy, chubby and fat appearance.
- He appeared once in the 1973 anime, in the episode Wishing Star, Shooting Star, where he was depicted as a tall medium skinned man with a traditional appearance.
- He looks a bit same as Sensei.
- He is the only parent of Nobita's friends who is named.
- In the English dub, he and his wife have the same voice actors as Spike and Faye from Cowboy Bebop.